1. Texas Sales Tax Permit – ALL vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting Texas sales taxes. Obtaining a Texas Sales Tax Permit is a free, quick and painless process which can be done online at http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxpermit/
2. Electricity Usage – Upon request, the we have 4 spots with electric outlet
3. Posting of Signs & Display Rules – Use of the space provided is up to the vendor, but certain restrictions apply:
a. Each Dealer is restricted to the use of the space on top of, and immediately behind, their table. Side stands may be permitted, but only upon the approval of the Vendor Coordinator.
b. You may not encroach on your neighbor’s space (including neighbors behind you) without their permission. Please be courteous.
c. Displays that include sounds or lights (including videos) are permitted as long as they do not annoy your fellow vendors and/or attendees. If complaints are received, you will be asked to turn off these items.
d. Vendor merchants may only post items on the walls using approved materials, such as painters tape or 3M Command strips. No signs or flyers may be affixed to wood surfaces with any adhesive material. You are responsible for any damages you incur by hanging items on the wall.
e. Each space comes with one table, unless otherwise requested. These requests MUST be submitted to the Vendor Coordinator prior to set-up, or the table will remain for the duration of the Convention.
f. If a booth set-up is requested, then tables will NOT be provided. Booth set-ups are an open-floor arrangement for the dealer to set up their own display within.
4. Prohibited Items – Please be aware of items prohibited for sale. This list may be appended at any time. Should you have questions about whether an item may or may not be sold, please contact us. The Austin Kink Weekend Committee reserves the right to ask retailers to remove from display or sale any items the Staff feels are inappropriate. Prohibited items include (but are not limited to):
a. Firearms, no exceptions.
b. Alcohol, no exceptions.
c. Weapons, no exceptions.
d. Flammable/incendiary items other than candles and incense.
e. Candles and incense may not be lit for demonstration purposes.
f. Scents and Perfumes may be limited if the smells are overbearing and affecting other attendees.
g. Home-made food items manufactured in facilities without FDA or local health inspector oversight.
5. Adult Material – Adult material is permitted, but it must be censored or otherwise obscured to prevent access by minors. All Adult Material (including but not limited to printed, video, computer-generated, drawn, audio and physical) must be censored. The retailer is responsible for policing his or her own table to keep minors from being inadvertently exposed. Minors are not allowed in event area, with the exception of the Gear Market that is open to the general public.
6. Retailer Liability – Vendors are responsible, within reason, for any damage to property and/or equipment loaned to them due to inappropriate use. Property and equipment may not be modified in any way, including but not limited to: Holes, chips, paint, glue or damage due to rough or inappropriate behavior.
8. Vendor Selection – Austin Kink Weekend performs vendor selection by jury rounds. Each year will have 3 Rounds of juried selection. Only COMPLETED applications that have been submitted successfully will be reviewed by the staff of the Austin Kink Weekend. Any INCOMPLETE applications will be filtered out of the jury selection. Jury selection will be determined by a democratic vote.
9. ACFI Vendor Rules For applications – Vendor applications are only open for a 1 and 1/2 month period (December 15th, subject to change)
12. Vendor Expectations to Satisfy Attendance Needs – Vendors are expected to pay their invoice for their exhibitor table no later than one month before the convention begins.
13. Setup – Vendors can setup at the venue Saturday the 22nd between 8am and noon. The Gear Market will be open between Noon and 8pm on Saturday the 22nd, and between 10am and 6pm on Sunday.